The area called Hamilton, located in NE Baltimore was one of the early suburban neighborhoods of Baltimore City. At the beginning of the twentieth century, the subdivision developers of Hamilton specifically marketed to the growing white-collar workers. Typical houses of the time had five rooms on the first floor; a reception hall, parlor, dining room, kitchen, and pantry. The second floor contained three bedrooms and one bath. The attic had room for two extra rooms. The homes also featured modern plumbing, gas and electricity. Between the wars, the population in Hamilton quintupled. After WWII and because of increased expansion into the suburbs, neighborhood associations began popping up in Hamilton. Hamilton Hills Neighborhood Association formerly known as HEPP (Harford Echodale Perring Parkway Community Association) was formed in 1949 to organize neighborhood improvement projects. The Hamilton Hills area covers roughly Harford Road and Old Harford Road to the east, Echodale Avenue to the south, Perring Parkway to the west, and the Baltimore City line to the north. Today, Hamilton Hills residents come from a diverse background. In addition to long-time residents and families already living here, we have young couples, professionals, artists, and musicians moving to the neighborhood.